For the best Garden Maintenance in Dublin, call Leaf2Leaf Landscapes.
Efficient operations of a ventless gas fireplace can be expected only by regular maintenance of a fireplace. You should have a certified chimney sweep inspect and clean the chimney as and when necessary.
ventless gas fireplace, ventless gas fireplaces, gas fireplaces
To find the best Garden Maintenance Company in Dublin, click here for Leaf2Leaf Landscapes.
Efficient operations of a ventless gas fireplace can be expected only by regular maintenance of a fireplace. You should have a certified chimney sweep inspect and clean the chimney as and when necessary. It is a good idea to learn how to inspect it on your own as well and keep checks at regular intervals. The chimney should be checked at least once a year or after approximately eighty fires. A chimney brush can be used to keep the chimney free from creosote build-up.
There is a good amount of precautionary measures which should be taken during the inspection and cleaning process of a fireplace. Make sure that all ventless gas fireplace fittings are tightened securely and completely extinguish the fire before cleaning. Make sure the chimney is cold along its length.
Glass doors may produce tough stains from flames and heat. These stains can be cleaned by using a glass cleaner available at ventless gas fireplace stores. In order to shine brass fireplace utensils and fittings, Worcestershire sauce and a toothbrush may be used. The firebox is the area where the logs burn. It should be cleaned at least once a week during the months in which it is being used most. It is a good idea to leave an inch of ash while cleaning as it acts as insulation for the coal to heat up faster and easily retains the heat.
An exterior slate hearth can be made to shine by washing, drying and coating it with lemon oil while exterior brick hearths can be cleaned by making use of a brick cleaner available at a ventless gas fireplace shop. A chimney cap should be used to prevent damage due to water, nesting of birds and carbon monoxide entering the house.